Carrying things around everywhere might seem ok to
most people, but it seems completely extraneous to me. I’m not saying I have no
possessions, because I do (too many I think) however, I believe there are some
things that are not necessary when you leave your house.
Being a student definitely separates my two lives and
determines the possessions I really care about. For example, inside my backpack
I have things I would not carry around when I’m with my friends at the movies. I
thought about doing a nice, organized chart comparing and contrasting the
things I carry to school and the things I carry outside of school but after
doing it multiple times, it turned out to be more of like a list of two. School related things inside backpack, nothing
inside my purse.
What I find extremely ironic is that I love purses and
handbags and everything that is cute and has many little pockets, yet I leave
everything everywhere. I lose my sweater, my water bottle, my earrings…everything.
I am also the kind of person that is too lazy to carry a purse around and
instead shoves 20 dollars in her pocket and has her phone in her hand.
Nonetheless, these are two things that I always have with me: Chap Stick and Kleenex.
![]() |
| My Companion #1 |
I always have Chap Stick because I have an obsession
with having dry lips. I think it looks very disgusting in front of people and it
is improbable that a normal person will tell you they look disgusting. I just
think Chap Stick can always help in times of need, whether it is right before
you take a picture, or when you’re bored in class or even to avoid those
awkward moments where you’re just standing there with nothing else to do.
Surprisingly I never lose my Chap Stick.
| My Companion #2 |
I also have a pack of Kleenex all the time, a routine I
owe to my obsessive mother. Ever since I was a child, she would always give me
a packet of Kleenex before I left the house. She packed extra ones in my lunchbox
and even shoved some in my pockets before I left for school. Although she doesn't do that anymore, every time I go somewhere I make sure to have Kleenex,
excusing my actions and saying “I might need them for something” which is
indeed just a cover up since not having Kleenex feels like I’m unsatisfying my obsessive
mother. I now “hump” this item all the
time, clearly something more of a routine than a necessity since I've had the
same packet of Kleenex since the school year started.

No comments:
Post a Comment